Family Faith Formation Program Grades 1 – 6
To integrate a deep rooted faith into family life through a Dynamic and solid program (Family Formation Program FFP); to engage and support the parents as the primary heralds of the gospel and give them the tools needed to do so. FFP is a program designed to assist families in learning the Catholic Faith within the format of home lessons assisted by our pastor, parish staff and parishioners.
- FFP consists of two parts: The first of four monthly lessons is taught at church and the other three are taken home and taught by parents. The children meet in grade-level classrooms and are taught the heart of the day’s lesson in a fun, more dynamic way, by trained volunteer catechists. At the same time, parents meet together to listen to a teaching on the same topic taught to the students. They also receive hints on how to teach the monthly lessons they will be taking home.
- Children who are preparing to receive the sacraments of First Reconciliation / First Communion provide an additional opportunity for parents to work with their children in learning about those Sacraments of Initiation. A booklet on weekly home lessons is provided for each Sacrament from which the parents work with their child in a time of preparation.
You may download the Family Faith Program Registration Form in PDF Format here:
Faith Formation Program Grades 7 – 8
- EDGE is a Catholic juniour high youth ministry for early adolescents in grades seven and eight. The EDGE is designed to meet the educational, spiritual, emotional, and social needs of young adolescents.
- At Saint Thomas Aquinas and Candian Martyrs, the EDGE programme is being used for grades 7,8 catechism. But that shouldn't stop you from bringing your friends along. All are welcome at the EDGE.
- There are 3 types of EDGE nights per month. Two are catechetical (or educationtal) where we would break open a teaching of the church. There is one issue, where we would take an issue that these young people are dealing with today and talk about that in perspective of the church. Lastly, we would have one social every month.
- Generally an EDGE night will follow a schedule that would start with introductions, prayer and an icebreaker or game. If it were a Catechetical or issue night it would follow with some kind of teaching in the form of a talk or other presentation of the teaching, and then typically follow with a small group disscusion. And lastly, a time of prayer which may follow another activity or game. Socials generally include intros and prayer, but can be formed differently. Our goal for these EDGE nights is to be creative and have something different every week.
You may download the Edge Registration Form in PDF Format here:
The confirmation program at STACM consist of 2 programs running from October 2013 thru June 2014. We begin our Sessions at St Thomas Aquinas 6:30 Sunday evening Mass followed by Group Session in the hall until 9:00pm. Please see below information on the programs we offer during the year of Confirmation:
The Oneight Confirmation Series
The Oneight Confirmation Series is a comprehensive Catholic model of preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation. The name, Oneight (pronounced “one eight”), comes from Acts 1:8, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” These were the last words Jesus spoke to His disciples to prepare them to receive the Holy Spirit at Pentecost and these are the words Jesus speaks to the candidates as they prepare to receive a fuller out-pouring of the Holy Spirit at their Pentecost, Confirmation.
Theology of the Body for Teens
Theology of the Body for Teens program is divided into 8 unique segments that reflect the pedagogical approach of John Paul II’s revolutionary teaching. The Theology of the Body Middle School program gives ninth graders the answers to their tough questions concerning their bodies, their sexuality, and their future. The program has been designed specifically as a catechetical program and has proven to work very well in conjunction with the Oneight program.
You may download the OnEight Registration Form in PDF Format here: